Search:

Powdered egg shell

Chemical analysis of egg shell powder: Egg is consisted from yolk (30-33%), white (60%) and shell (9-12%). Egg shell is a suitable balance of necessary minerals such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorous and other components. Carbonate forms 95% of the shell while the remainder 5% is consisted from calcium phosphate, magnesium carbonate, soluble and unsoluble proteins.Egg shell powder is a byproduct in pasteurized egg processing and is used in the following applications :




  • In livestock and poultry feeding as source of calcium
  • In toothpaste production industry
  • Extraction of collagen from shell membrane
  • Pharmaceutics
  • Cosmetics industry